Click to get your own widget

Friday, March 06, 2009

LILY ALLEN - AND THEY SAY NOBODY WRITES POETRY ANY MORE


I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever I don’t care about funny
I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
'Cuz everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track yeah I'm on to a winner

I don't know what’s right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
'Cuz I'm being taken over by The Fear

Life's about film stars and less about mothers
It's all about fast cars and passing each other
But it doesn't matter cause I’m packing plastic
and that's what makes my life so fucking fantastic

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
and its not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track yeah I'm on to a winner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I’m meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
'Cuz I’m being taken over by The Fear

Forget about guns and forget ammunition
Cause I'm killing them all on my own little mission
Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
'Cause I'm being taken over by fear

---------------------
Dissecting it verse by verse like an English teacher

1) People do indeed die getting diamonds & I love the "heard people" cause we are so divorced from what really goes on unless we get told about it.

2) Sun & Mirror are 2 British tabloid newspapers, better known for celebrity gossip & pictures of semi-clothed women than news.

3) "Meant to feel" - the media tell us how we are meant to feel about Yugoslavs, or Israelis or Russians or today's Mujahadden by showing pictures of refugee children & what we are meant to think about the KLA & Croatian Nazis & NATO & Georgians & Mujahadden back when they were fighting the Soviets or indeed killing Serbs by not showing pictures of the children they killed.

4) No explanation needed.

5) Exactly what Gordon Brown is saying when he tells us he is cutting interest rates to stimulate spending because we need more spending to get out of recession. We have a society built on consumption. No attempt to create anything or invest in the future. That's not how society programmes us to function or indeed is programmed itself.

6) & 8) "When we think it will all become clear" but we aren't encouraged to think just to feel - and that goes all the way up;

"At one point an unnamed minister, expressing concerns over the runway, said: "I realise the point I am making is irrational."

There was then, sources said, an "audible thump" as Lord Mandelson, an enthusiastic supporter of the project, banged his head on the polished wood of the large, oval table.


7) "as long as I'm getting thinner". Even the apparent winners of our self destructive society are self harming. The satire is slightly spoiled by the fact that she had to get thinner to sell records.

Perhaps I should write something less about how we could make society far wealthier, which I think I have fully proven, & on what goals, as a society we should have.

Comments:
Perhaps I should write something less about how we could make society far wealthier, which I think I have fully proven, & on what goals, as a society we should have.

Exactly. There is no point of amassing that extra wealth that you speak of if there is nothing we desire to change or accomplish. What's the point of colonizing space if we can control our population growth here on Earth with abortion? To put it another way, why should we create more space for our people if we can prevent those extra people from being born?
 
It's all about consumption, the plastic, goals of a group of people obsessed, so that they can feel good about something...for a little while. However, as she has proven from the beginning, it has very little to do with her, it's a game, win, win lose, win.. get out settle down. and... done Her priorities are only compromised long enough to get what she wants. And some people think ''she''s stupid. no way
 
I don't know if she actually wrote it but if she did she is certainly not stupid.

Ronduck this is exactly why I am totally opposed to the eco-fascists whose route to decline leads ultimately to human extinction. And yet with the effective end of organised religion, in which I do not believe, we have a lack of human goals, other than consumption, & the eco-fascists have stepped into that moral vacuum.
 
Neil wrote...

Ronduck this is exactly why I am totally opposed to the eco-fascists whose route to decline leads ultimately to human extinction. And yet with the effective end of organised religion, in which I do not believe, we have a lack of human goals, other than consumption, & the eco-fascists have stepped into that moral vacuum.

If you do not believe in God, then why do you oppose the ecopagans? You can't fight something with nothing, and yet you are trying to do just that.

The environmental movement is a return to religion, hence why it does not have a scientific basis. In short environmentalism is a return to prechristian paganism, or even more base, animism, just like the illiterate tribes of Africa. This return to religion must as man must have some unseen foundation on which to build his actions. At the beginning of the 20th century Europe tried worshipping the state as god, but that deity has been proven to be fallible, as it is little more than worshipping ourselves. Since the decline in the faith of the state around 1970, Europe has turned to worshipping spririts in nature, which is called animism when practiced by Africans. This current faith is even more base than the paganism practiced by our Roman ancestors, since our ancestors at least acknowledged that there might be a transcendant deity above the others. The ancient pagans also had no qualms about building aqueducts, dams or roads, all high tech at the time.

You don't have to agree with me on this, but I believe this will end with Europe under the Vatican once again, and the White race in its home continent living in a New Dark Age. The state churches of Europe are coming together in a religious union just as the states of Europe are coming together in a political union. This ends in an undemocratic European superstate, with everyone practicing the state sanctioned faith, in the same way. And as you have probably guessed, I consider Catholicism to be paganism.

There is a good book on the future of Europe, and the world, that I would like to send you.
 
I don't believe in God but I believe in human beings & beyond that in himan & indeed any other form of intelligence. If the universe has a meaning then it is to create something able to understand it.

Indeed even under present understanding of quantum physics it is quite likely that only the existence of intelligence in this universe produces the possibility of this universe emerging form the flux of quantum possibilities.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-manyworlds/

(In that case you could consider the totality of intelligent life as being its own God but if so it is not one that fits any traditional religion)

Human beings need something to believe in but, with the exception of the scientific method, all of them - all religions & the state -have failed to fulfil what they promised which may explain our moral vacuum.

Of these the eco-pagans are the worst since by opposing human progress they actually make the "nature" they worship meaningless too.
 
Human beings need something to believe in but, with the exception of the scientific method, all of them - all religions & the state -have failed to fulfill what they promised which may explain our moral vacuum.

The Evangelicals here in the US are hanging on despite being considered a racist block to "progress". Considering that the majority of our establishment considers them scum, and wants to dispossess and destroy them they are doing pretty well.

Of these the eco-pagans are the worst since by opposing human progress they actually make the "nature" they worship meaningless too.

A few years ago I read The Creature From Jekyll Island and in one of the chapters the author talks about the environmental movement. I'm going off memory here but he depicted the movement as financed from the top down with the goal of radically reducing the population for the benefit of the elite, and bringing about the victory of communism in the West. At the popular level the environmental movement is paganism, but the upper levels are very aware of where this is all heading and intend to use this to reduce and or eliminate the majority of the Earth's population.

Considering that these same environmentalists push for the prohibition of most pesticides and are against the genetic modification of most crops we could very well experience a major famine in the future, something that we thought was abolished through the progress of science. The potential of millions starving because of these pagans and their evil leaders brings to mind the prophecy from Revelation 6 predicting famine in the end. This article claims that the food prices quoted in Revelation 6 are twelve times normal.

Normally talk of the apocalypse is considered unrelated to a science blog, but the West under the influence of the ecopagans has put the world on the brink of starvation. I'm sure you can see how such famine could now be possible.
 
I am very glad we don't have a world government. So long as that is the case Luddism cannot be imposed everywhere & there will always be an example to the world of how progress works. The idea that the world's future may depend on China & Russia surpassing the western countries by allowing free choice rather than isealogical state centralism is not one I would have believed 20 years ago.
 
I can see China possibly leading and supplanting the West, but not Russia.

Incidentally, during the lean times of the 1990's Russia continued to upgrade its nuclear arsenal and ballistic missiles. Many of Russia's nuclear complexes have been allowed to rot, but many have continued to produce nukes for the ICBMs. If the bible is right Russia will attack Israel and be repulsed by Israel's nuclear arsenal.

This is my last comment on this thread. You know what I believe, so I'm just repeating myself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs.