Click to get your own widget

Saturday, August 12, 2006

ARRESTING THE VICTIM IS SO MUCH EASIER

Could this be part of the reason for high crime levels in Britain
After months of being taunted by a gang of yobs, grandmother Diane Bond finally stood up to them when she was abused while walking her pet dog. During a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse, the frail 64-year-old prodded the teenager ringleader gently in the stomach when he urged her to "Hit me, if you dare".

Moments later, the 5ft 1ins pensioner found herself flat on her back and nursing a broken arm after the 15-year-old boy, who was 7 inches taller, pushed her to the ground. But to add insult to injury, police officers arrested her for assaulting a child after his mother moaned he had been attacked

.........As I approached they started shouting abuse at me," she said. "They were taunting me and crowding round me and I was quite frightened because they are big kids.

"After a while one of them, whose name is Billy, spread his arms out wide to show his stomach, and said, Come on, old lady, hit me, if you dare."

"I gave him three prods, almost like playful punches, not hard at all, and next thing I knew I was lying on the ground and I had broken my arm. One youth said I had been pushed.

Any newspaper tale should be treated with suspicion but it is impossible to believe that the kids were being threatened by this 64 year old grandmother.

This non sequitur from the police suggests they know exactly what the problem was & are very complacent about doing little about it.
Chief Inspector Steve Hughson, of Dyfed-Powys Police, said: "We are aware of the problems in Nelson Street and associated anti-social behaviour.

"Recent patrols in the area by the neighbourhood policing team have greatly reduced incidents of crime and anti social behaviour, to the extent that positive comments have been received by local residents. Therefore patrols will continue."
The article mentions that the boy's mother was, shall we say, overprotective about her little darling. It doesn't mention his father & I would be willing to take an even money bet that he isn't present which I am coming to suspect is another large part of the problem.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

British Blogs.